Saturday, February 18, 2017

Another Pink Rosette Cake, this time with PEARLS!


Pink Rosette Cake
with Customer Pearl Topper
This cake has been very popular over the last couple of months. 
Most people see it, want it, and sometimes ask for an upgrade.
This time around, I made the rosettes larger and made a customer cake topper, which I will explain below how to make.

For the Pearl Topper
You will need the following supplies:
(A LIST OF LINKS are included at the end.)

-An item to cover in Pearls
(This was for a lady's 91st Birthday and her first name began with an F.)
-Jewel It Embellishing Glue
-Pearls
(this one is up to you, you can use whatever you like and you can use fully rounded or half flat)
-Tweezers (optional)

I bought a white letter purposely because I did not want to have to paint it. The process only took about 20-25 minutes while I was on lunch at work and the glue hardened within the house.  
TIP: Running low on time, stick it in the fridge. (I had to do this when I had to replace one minutes prior to putting on the cake)

Step 1: Clean your letter and place on a flat surface.
Step 2: Grab your pearls and apply a bit of Jewel It to the side. (Tweezers come in Handy for the small ones, I was at work and had to improvise and use a thumb tack)
Step 3: Apply to letter
Step 4: Let Dry.
Step 5: If placing on a cake, I cut out a piece of a thin cake board and stuck it to the bottom with White Merkens Chocolate. I then adhered the cake board with the same chocolate to the cake for it to stand up perfectly. I then covered over with the icing rosettes.
Links:
Click each name to be directed to the site.

(The closest link I could find for the Pearls is still by the same brand, except the case I bought was 7.6 oz with various sizes and no pink.)


Created: February 17, 2017

Happy Baking!
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment